Baby Ella has a firm hold of Mum Karen, while getting in 40 winks over the weekend!
Thought on Monday – July – 03/07/2017
‘If anyone gives so much as a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because they are a disciple, then I tell you solemnly, they will most certainly not lose their reward.’ ~Matthew 10:42
This Gospel line speaks about keeping things simple. If we struggle or lack confidence in the things we can’t do, Jesus has some good news for us. He reminds us to do the simple things well. To do what we can do as best we can is so much better than nothing at all.
Jesus talks about the simple act of welcoming someone with a cup of water and the difference this gesture could make. Small acts of kindness and hospitality can make such a difference. Pope Francis speaks so much about this. In one of his letters he says, “Love is shown by the little things, by attention to small daily signs which make us feel at home. Faith grows when it is lived and shaped by love.”
We so often tend to complicate our faith and Jesus tells us to keep it simple. So little gestures of love, little acts of kindness, little ways of reaching out and little moments each day are the ones that do make a difference. There are lots of them and we do our best to make the most of them.
Also this week
10 commandments to get along with people. Even one or two of these could be a great help to us on our daily journey!
(1) Say less than you think. Cultivate a calm voice, how you say it often means the most.
(2) Make promises sparingly, keep them faithfully.
(3) Never lose opportunities to say a kind word to or about somebody. Praise work well done.
(4) Be genuinely interested in others. Let everyone you meet feel that you regard them as if they are the only person that matters in the world.
(5) Be cheerful as best you can.
(6) Keep an open mind on all debatable questions. There’s a big difference between discussing something and arguing something.
(7) Don’t give in to gossip. It is so destructive.
(8) Respect the feelings of others.
(9) Pay no attention to those who think less of you. There are always knockers in this world but know that there are many more people willing to uplift and encourage.
(10) It won’t cost you anything, smile!!